Who ASMBS Offers Membership Too
Don’t forget to have your CV ready to upload during the application process!
ASMBS welcomes all surgeons, osteopathic physicians, physicians and supporting healthcare professionals. This includes, but is not limited to bariatric & metabolic surgeons, endocrinologists, anesthesiologists, bariatric physicians, pediatricians, geriatricians, gastroenterologists and any other physicians involved in bariatrics.
Membership applications may take up to 2-3 weeks for review and approval. Incomplete applications will delay the approval process. COMPLETE applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to any ASMBS conference to qualify for member discount.
Ask A Question About The ASMBS Application.
- Complimentary subscription to the digital version of SOARD, Surgery for Obesity And Related Diseases.
- Discounted registration to the ASMBS Annual Meeting, ASMBS Weekend and post-graduate CE courses.
- Access to the NEW ASMBS DocMatter Online Community – a private platform for members to discuss cases and engage in clinical discourse.
- Your practice and contact information in our Find a Provider registry, searchable by prospective patients.
- Access to members-only documents and online resources.
- Eligibility to join your local ASMBS State Chapter which provides educational lectures and lobbies towards state political issues and local insurance problems.
- Email alerts about new published research findings, political events and society highlights.
- Complimentary membership in the OAC, Obesity Action Coalition, and IFSO, the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders. (This does not apply to International Members.)
- Opportunities to join ASMBS committees that impact research, education, patient access, innovation, communication and public service in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Full access to insurance benefits. Details can be found HERE.